Thursday, September 30, 2010

Unit 5

1. The loving-kindness exercise was somewhat similar to the subtle mind exercise in that both involved focusing on breathing. The subtle mind exercise involved trying to still the mind and the loving-kindness exercise focused on bring things to mind.
I enjoyed the subtle mind exercise more than the loving-kindness exercise. I found it to be more peaceful and calming. Although I still find it hard to not focus on somethings that come to mind, practicing the subtle mind exercise on a daily basis can actually help me create a still mind. It was an interesting exercise and I do feel that over time it will prove to be very beneficial.

2. Just as our physical and mental wellness can impact other areas of our lives, so can our spiritual wellness. Having a high level of spiritual wellness can positively effect my physical wellness levels. It can help improve my breathing by practicing meditation. Having a high level of spiritual wellness can help reduce my stress level which improves my mental wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment